Missouri  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/21/07, 1:35 am

Domestic Violence Case

My wife and I got into an arguement back in 2005 because I told her that I had cheated on her. She got mad and we started fighting and I slaped her and told her I was leaving until things cooled down. She chased me out the motel we were staying at and fell down some stairs and got bruised up.

I left and came back about a day and a half later.

I later found out that I was charged with two feloney counts of domestic violence against my wife in MO. when I got pulled over for speeding in KS in Dec. of 06.

I hired an attorney but she didn't seem to do much. My wife and I never split up and I was never arrested for it or even knew I had charges against me.

My wife told me she tried to contact someone in the prosocuters office stop the police from filling but no one ever contacted her.

We live in OH and couldn't afford to go back and forth for court so my attorney told me to ask for an SIS and I was put on probation for 5 yrs.

My job requires me to travel all over the country and I need to know if I can get the case reopened and fight this.

Because we never saw the pictures the police took and my wife even wrote a letter to the court that she lied about me beating her but they didn't care.

What should I do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search