Legal Question in Elder Law in Missouri

My husband died eight weeks ago and I need to have a new will prepared, general power of attorney, and medical directives completed. I live in the State of Iowa however would like an Attorney from the State of Missouri (where I am visiting for several seeks) to do this for me. My question - living in Iowa am I required to have and Attorney, Notary and witnesses from Iowa or can I have all this completed in Missouri and remain effective in the State of Iowa ? Thank-you kindly in advance for your time and answers.

Asked on 1/19/13, 12:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can have your will prepared where you want. What masters most is where you live (and where your property is) when you pass. For that reason, you might want to use an attorney licensed with the state of Iowa. There are many in Missouri. Perhaps if you repost, stating where you are busting visiting Missouri, one will respond.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 1/19/13, 3:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88963 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Adam KielichThe Kielich Law FirmBedford, TX
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now