Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Three months ago my ex called me and said she needed me to take our nine year old twins because she couldn't take care of them. Two days later i picked them up and have had them in school in the town i live in ever since. Now she is wanting them back and she still can't take care of them. We've never been to court over custody. Do i have the right to keep them and tell her no?

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Your ex what? Your question does not include enough information. But, whatever your answer is, you need to hire an attorney to obtain a Court Order determing custody. I have handled literally hundreds of these cases over the last thirty-five years, and may be able to help you for a reasonable fee. Please contact me directly for a free consultation.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri