Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Three months ago my ex called me and said she needed me to take our nine year old twins because she couldn't take care of them. Two days later i picked them up and have had them in school in the town i live in ever since. Now she is wanting them back and she still can't take care of them. We've never been to court over custody. Do i have the right to keep them and tell her no?

Asked on 6/11/13, 12:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your ex what? Your question does not include enough information. But, whatever your answer is, you need to hire an attorney to obtain a Court Order determing custody. I have handled literally hundreds of these cases over the last thirty-five years, and may be able to help you for a reasonable fee. Please contact me directly for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 3:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now