Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

While on vacation at a resort my family and I were bike riding on resort property and their bikes. I am unsure of what caused me to crash, rock on bike trail or malfunction of the bike. Landing on the right side of my face causing many wounds on my forhead , cheek and nose area that left a hole under my nose. My right knee is extremely swollen and quite painful and I feel I need my doctor to look at it.

So my question is can I or should the resort be held responsible such as my homeowners would if someone was to get injured there.

Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

The resort's premises liability insurance coverage will provide compensation when injuries occur due to a dangerous condition existing as a result of the resort's negligence. Having a rock on a trail is not negligent unless the resort put it there. Providing a defective bicycle might be considered negligent under certain circumstances. Your own possible fault in riding the bicycle would also be taken into account. Your homeowner's insurance is the same way. Not all injuries are covered; they must be due to some negligence on the part of the premises owner for any compensation to be payable.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri