Missouri  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/22/11, 6:02 am

I have a piece of land that my ex husband and I own. He died recently. They are telling me that this piece of land has to go to probate, because I would like to sell it. It is in mine and his name. So, I guess my question is: if I have my divorce decree, the death certificate, shouldn't the land be mine without it going to probate?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search