Legal Question in Business Law in Montana

I've recently accepted a position as marketing director for a local company. The previous director signed a media contract in December 2012 for 2013. She then left the job on 1/4/13. Upon my evaluation, this media contract is not in the best interest of my company and I would like to end it. Is it still binding even though it was signed by a director that no longer legally represents the company and only did for the first four days of the contractual time period?

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Whether the contract is binding has nothing to do with whether the person who signed it still works for the company. Assuming it is a valid contract, it was made with the company and not with the previous director. Business contracts would be almost useless if they were only valid while a particular person remained with the company.

More Business Law questions and answers in Montana

Business Law Legal Forms