Nebraska  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/22/13, 8:07 am

My husband has medical bills. He has been paying on them ever month since 2010. The hospital came across a bill of mine that was in 2005. We knew nothing about this bill. My husbands name is on the money orded on all of the monthly payment of his. We have all the stubs and what they paid. Last year (Sept-2012) the hospital took my husbands paymnet and applied to the 8 year old bill and did not even tell us. The hospital made my husbands medical bill delinquent. Last month we get the collection ageny sending us letters. Does the hospital have the right to make my husbands bills delinquent? Do I need to hire a lawyer? That is wrong to make it hurt a person that has been paying on it monthly. To pad their books.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search