Legal Question in Personal Injury in Nevada

hit and run

My husband was in a motorcycle accident It was the other driver's fault .We have witnesses and the other drivers lic. plate. The police refered to the accident as felony hit-and -run What are our options?

Anita Webster Webster & Associates

Re: hit and run

If you have a license number, as your attorney we could see if the DMV have any information regarding the other driver. If you husband was hurt, he should contact us. We can arrange the doctor's appointments and follow up with the insurance company to discuss compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical costs.

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

Re: hit and run

If you have uninsured motorist coverage you can claim for bodily injury. Otherwise your collision coverage, if you have it, will cover your property damage minus the deductible. Unless the guy is found you are sol.

Jim Herbe Black & Lobello

Re: hit and run

Good afternoon.

The other driver's felony charge will be handled by the prosecutor and will proceed as a criminal case.

However, in regards to the accident, your husband has the right to file a civil lawsuit against the other driver. Your husband may be entitled to property damage of his motorcycle and monetary compsenation for medical bills and general pain and suffering.

My firm handles such personal injury matters and always offer a free initial consultation.

If you would like to speak to me further about your husband's case please contact me.

Best,

Jim Herbe

Michael Sanft Sanft Law

Re: hit and run

I agree with Jim Herbe. You have both a criminal case that will be handled by the District Attorney's Office, and a civil matter to be handled by your insurance. Immediately call your insurance company to inform them, and in the meantime, do not hesitate to get medical care. Those are critical first steps. Also, obtain an attorney to help navigate through the inevitable maze of a personal injury claim. Shop around for attorneys until you find one you can work well with to file and litigate your personal injury claim. We also offer a free consultation, which you should take before retaining any attorney. Good luck.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Nevada