Legal Question in Consumer Law in Nevada

I recently purchased a 3D printer kit on kickstarter. The vendor supplied me with a kit containing many broken and missing parts. I documented the parts I received and because the vender didn't have any assembly instructions/list of parts extra the only way to figure out which parts were missing was to attempt to assemble the kit which I documented and provided as proof to the vender. A month+ later I have not received my replacement parts and the vender is using my assembly documentation as instructions for his other customers to assemble their kits. I have tried to contact him both electronically and via certified mail about the problem with no response. We are in different states if I sue him just for the incomplete kit I would have to travel Indiana. Would the fact that I generated valuable work product that he is disturbing to his costumers allow me to shift the jurisdiction to my state. IE the work product was generated in Nevada and then distributed by the vender from Indiana to other states. Currently it has been downloaded 396 times.

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.

The Nevada version of the Uniform Commercial Code, Article 2, governing sales, should be consulted in connection with legal research into jurisdiction and venue issues involving merchants and customers who are charged with breaching agreements and/or warranties. Your attorney can advise, further.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Nevada

Consumer Law Legal Forms