Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

RE: Unwed Mother Rights in Las Vegas, NV

My daughter is having issue about her ex-boyfriend who fathered her child, my grandson. His name was listed on the birth certificate naming him as the father of my grandson. Now, they are no longer together. Does he have the right to demand to visit his son? Does his parents have the right to demand to visit their grandson? There's alot of animosity between my daugher and her ex-boyfriend. Treats of "killing" my daughter was made by her ex-boyfriend via telephone and treats of bodily harm from the ex-boyfriends girlfriend via facebook was also made towards my daughter. Can my daugher be force by them to visit my grandson? What legal rights does my daughter have as far as custody or visitation in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Thank you in advance for your response and legal advice.

Anthony Wright The Wright Law Offices, PC

Yes, he has the right to visit his child and can enforce that right through the court. His parents have the right to ask for visitation, but the court is not likely to enforce grandparent visitation.

My recommendation is to hire a lawyer and get a custody order in place and bring to the court's attention the death threats. If the threats are serious enough, a temporary protective order may be issued.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada