Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

Wife wants to quit claim her separate property residence into a living trust. House purchased before marriage by wife. Six year marriage in Nevada, a community property state. Will quit claim need to be signed by husband even though he is neither on mortgage note or deed? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Asked on 9/04/12, 4:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would have the wife quitclaim to the living trust first. Then I would have her husband quitclaim to the trust later. It might be wise to have a post-marital agreement stating that the house and the living trust are the wife's separate property. Nevada is not a title state so name on the deed or mortgage does not determine the community nature of the asset.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/12, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now