Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nevada

In Nevada what is the minimum amount you are required to leave a child so they can't fight the will?

Asked on 8/06/12, 5:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Williams Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no particular minimum dollar amount to accomplish this. You can simply say something like, "To my son, John Q. Smith, I leave nothing upon my death." It is recommended that you name the individual, specifically, so he cannot later claim he is what is called a "pretermitted heir," or someone you simply forgot and mistakenly disinherited on the day you drafted your will. Some traditionalists say to leave a sum certain - such as a dollar - to preclude them complaining they got nothing at all.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/12, 9:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now