New Hampshire  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/20/12, 4:50 am

My car belonged to my boyfriend Mark, who died in 2010. I registered it twice but can no longer. DMV told me it needs to go through the probate. Mark's son was 19 at the time of his death, so I've been told that he would need to be appointed the executor of Mark's estate (which is only the car). His son is in the military, so I don't know if he would be able to do the probate process or not. Would he need to actually appear in court and does it have to be in NH? His daughter was 16 when he died, could she do this? Also, I paid the car off in 2010.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search