New Jersey  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/31/13, 6:52 am

I took over a Loan for a jeep wrangler from my brother Inlaw. I started the payment book with the first payment of coupon book. Since that time I have made 31 payments towArds jeep totaling approximately $11,780.00. My brother inlaw started having problems with his wife and eventually they devorced. As a result she is entitled to half of everything. We began fighting about the ownership of jeep and he then said we were only leasing it from him. Without a doubt I have the "LOAN" coupon book in my presence. He threatened to come take it away. I didn't pay 2 payments as a result of this situation. Although I realize I should have it didn't make sence if he wAs intending to take jeep away. He then offered us another car valued via a car dealership at $1500.00 and an additional $700 in cash. We gave it back very reluctantly but I am now out approximately $10,000. My question is, do I have a case to redeem my money back. This was never ever considered a lease. I would never have agreed to that. Please advise

Frustrated family member

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search