Legal Question in Consumer Law in New Jersey

I took over a Loan for a jeep wrangler from my brother Inlaw. I started the payment book with the first payment of coupon book. Since that time I have made 31 payments towArds jeep totaling approximately $11,780.00. My brother inlaw started having problems with his wife and eventually they devorced. As a result she is entitled to half of everything. We began fighting about the ownership of jeep and he then said we were only leasing it from him. Without a doubt I have the "LOAN" coupon book in my presence. He threatened to come take it away. I didn't pay 2 payments as a result of this situation. Although I realize I should have it didn't make sence if he wAs intending to take jeep away. He then offered us another car valued via a car dealership at $1500.00 and an additional $700 in cash. We gave it back very reluctantly but I am now out approximately $10,000. My question is, do I have a case to redeem my money back. This was never ever considered a lease. I would never have agreed to that. Please advise

Frustrated family member

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Before you do anything, please talk to a smart attorney in your area.

You may lose a lot of money, if you do the wrong thing.

Robert Davies, Esq.

201 820 3460

More Consumer Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Consumer Law Legal Forms