New Jersey  |  Criminal Law

Harassment charges being file against me

A women filed harassment charges on me because I emailed,text messaged,and called her cellphone, the police gave me a charge number of ( N.J.S 2C:33-4A ) against me and I am summoned to the juristiction of this court to appear. The only reason I did this is because she would lay on the horn everytime she passed my house and she did it for 7 months now, i got tired of it and found her phone number and email address and told her to stop, she wouldnt stop so I played about 20 minutes of music on her voicemail and sent her vulgar text messages also all because this person who i wanted to stop layin on the horn wouldnt stop, now she filed harassment charges on me what do i do??

Should i have a lawyer with me when i plead guilty or not guilty, i think i made a mistake because i spoke with the officers about the situation witout a lawyer so..im not sure what to do will i go to jail for this crime??? they filed it as a petty disorderly persons offense.