Legal Question in Medical Leave in New Jersey

My husband felt ill at work and was taken by ambluance to the hospital for a possible stroke/ seizue/or tia for which he was cleared of not having. After days of testing given a clearence to return to work full duty includining driving.His job says he MUST fill out family act leave papers.he used his sick time and they (work) made him take an extra week off to see his family physian and cardiogolist.Are are still giving him a hard time about resuming his regular duties (diving) postition at work. Does he have to file or fill out theses family act papaers?

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Usually the answer is no if he has sick and vacation days that would cover his illness. But, it may all depend on the employers policies. I must, however, caution you that this may be a pretext and/or creating a history for future termination. Be careful . . . consult with an employment law attorney. It is cheaper to pay the consultation fee now than to make a mistake where you suffer financial harm.

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in New Jersey

Family Medical Leave Act Legal Forms