Legal Question in Intellectual Property in New Jersey

Hi,

My name is Mike, and i am a guitarist in a band. We are currently going through a "rough patch" and we have been experiencing a few lineup changes. Nobody has a copyright of our music (at least that I know of), so I was just wondering if that's something that I need to invest in. There is footage online of me performing these songs with the group, and there are also plenty of recordings. Would this serve as enough credit for me if a member were to try to profit off of a song? If a departed member copyrights it before me than am I out of luck? Any information about this would be much appreciated, thank you for your time!

-Mike

Keith Singer Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law

Hi Mike You should contact my office for an appointment as there is not enough information in your question to provide an answer. Keith Singer, Esq. 732-749-3700

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in New Jersey

Intellectual Property Legal Forms