New Jersey  |  Personal Injury

There was a fire in a building I owned in my personal name,the building was totally destroyed , people died including children and 1 adult .the fire started in the adjacent vacant building. i had no building voilations and it was inspected and passed NJ state inspection few months ago and section 8 inspection for one of the apt in the building 1 month ago.The fire department could not control the fire because when they arrive ,their was no water pressure in the hydrant in front of both buildings.although I took every thing possible to protect my tenants (fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors were working and fire passage was open)and according to the fire department fire alarms were working and they do not understand why the people could not get out.

If I still get sued by the surviving tenants and their relatives, what could be the worst penalty in the law .