Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

I have a lien against my children's father on his home for back child support, he is trying to do a deed in lieu of foreclosure, but the bank won't take it back while the lien is on it, I agreed to release it, but he is getting the run around from the bank and child support, what if anything can I do? Can the lien be moved to his parents home, would that be easier than trying to release it? His parent's are also on the home deed and mortgage.

Asked on 11/05/12, 6:30 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Savyon Grant Law Office of Savy Grant
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can say he paid you, but than you are giving up all your rights.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/12, 3:06 pm
John Corbett Corbett Law Firm LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is not obvious to me that releasing the lien is in your best interest. Consider that you may have a chance to collect some of the back child support. If you give that up, you may lose other rights too. I suggest that you consult a lawyer who handles family law.

See also:

Read more
Answered on 11/07/12, 4:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now