New Jersey  |  Wills and Trusts

inherited property in equal parts along with 2 siblings, one of whom is the executor and lives out of town. The other sibling and myself occupy 2 of the 3 apartments in the building. Neither of us have paid rent to the Estate for several months, but I offered to pay rent from my share of the Estate savings account I would have after Probate. The 2 siblings decided to sell property, but I said I will not sell, and offered to buyout their shares if I could obtain funds, but this is uncertain. I received a letter from the Estate attorney stating the property is expected to sell soon and I should make preparations to vacate property within 30 days.

Can they begin an eviction action even though I am an heir and not a tenant ? I will refuse to sign any sale of property papers, but executor said they don't need my signature.

Also, they are planning to remove contents / furniture from my apartment I occupied with decedent, even thou I said I will purchase everything from my share of the Estate savings account. One third of contents belongs to me and I do not wish to sell. How can I stop them from removing or selling contents ?

I am in New Jersey.

Thank you for comments.