Legal Question in Workers Comp in New Jersey

Workmans comp award

If my ex husband is in arrears for child support will workers comp have to settle the arrears before my ex receives his portion of the award?

Asked on 8/21/08, 1:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Arons Arons & Arons, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Workmans comp award

Usually, the proper procedure is for the workers compensation court to search for child support liens before accepting settlement.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/08, 5:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now