Legal Question in Family Law in New Mexico

I have a 9 month old son I dont have a court ordered custody agreement she has kept my son from me for approximately 2 months except 10 minutes christmas eve and before that I wasnt allowed contact from date of birth until 4 months later, i filed for a hearing which may be in a couple months is there a way to get emergency visitation? also her lawyer told me I wouldnt be allowed more than a couple of hours because I haven't been around my son even though it was her that kept me from him I would like him overnight if possible because it allowes fro attachment that you cant get in a 2 hour period. Any information would help thank you.

George Chandler Chandler Law of Los Alamos

I would file a new emergency motion with the court asking for a temporary interim order for visitation with the child while the court makes its decision. Tell the story just as you told it here. Don't let her lawyer tell you what to do or what your options are. Be sure you follow all the rules regarding keeping her lawyer informed of your motion and serving the lawyer with all your pleadings.

Good luck.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Mexico