New Mexico  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/22/09, 9:31 pm

Hi my husband and I were married july 22 1998. we got the application for the marriage license but never took the license back to the county clerk to be recorded. Our original copy was burned in a fire, so we went to get a copy today and they gave us the copy of the application, but told us that it wasnt recorded, we went to the court house where we were married and they said they have no records of any of that stuff they send it to the county clerk. So my question is are we still married and what can i do to get our marriage recorded besides getting remarried?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search