New Mexico  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/16/13, 8:17 am

Do I have to retain a lawyer in order to get a legal separation from my husband or can I do this myself at our local courts. We have been married 16 years and have 3 girls,14 and 12yr old twins. There has been verbal and some physical abuse on his part towards the girls and they do not want to stay with him. I do know, however that he has the right to see them. What are our legal rights and where do I start.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search