New York  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/07/13, 5:30 am

My divorce was finalized in September of 2012,

in small chunks. To total amount of all these bills was like $8,000.

I just received a letter in the mail, last week, stating they are going to take me to court, freeze my bank account, and take away my home. and shortly after that I started to receive Doctor and Hospital bills from this company. Most of the bills were listed under my ex-wife's name which under the use R Recourses. I

divorce decree, it states that she is responsible for her own doctor bills, half of my children's doctor bills(there are 4 of them).

So, I contacted them and explained this situation to them. However, they said that they do not get involved with third party disputes. So, I was not sure what I can do because they were threatening me to take me to court, so I had no idea what to do. So, I arranged a small payment between $20 to $40 dollars a month to pay them

Look, I am a single dad with four kids at home. In April, I received a notice, from the place of my employment, that they were closing the doors in ninety days, which will be at the end of July (state law). Very soon I am going to un-employed, and I am not sure where to turn to get help with this. I mean, it is only $8,000 dollars and I can not put my family in harms way(financially) over doctor and hospital bills.

Please help with any advice you can give me, because the letter states that in 10 days they can take legal action. I work night so I sleep during the day. The best time to contact me is before 10 a.m. Please help out with the best of your ability so I know what I can

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search