New York  |  Entertainment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/04/12, 3:43 pm

I am a UK Rap artist who currently lives in the USA.

Since moving, it has been brought to my attention that a track that was released over ten years ago is still selling and I want to collect my royalty payments.

I am a member of the MCPS/PRS who collect on my behalf, the problem is that I have no UK bank account that is open so that royalites can be paid into.

I have sent emails after emails to MCPS/PRS requesting that my membership be cancelled, as I want to join the US equilvant, who can collect on my behalf where I do have a bank account.

MCPS/PRS have not responded to my request to cancel my membership as the BMI want a letter to confirm this and they are refusing to respond.

Please tell me what I need to do

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search