Legal Question in Family Law in New York

my husband of 26 years left me for someone else , no legal seperation or divorce. if he changed the beneficiary for life ins .to her,do I have any recourse to obtain the proceedes ?

Asked on 8/03/12, 8:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Did he die? If so, and you're still married, you absolutely could go after that insurance policy. There are laws in NYS that prohibit a husband from disinheriting his wife, and so you should notify the life insurance company immediately that you intend to claim against the policy. You should speak with an attorney about this without delay to protect your rights before the money is gone.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/12, 6:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now