Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

Failure to server a Notice of Enrty

Once a judgment has been rendered do the prevailing party have to serve the loser a Notice of Entry of that judgment, and if they don't, how will the losing party know what is the time limit to enter a notice of an appeal?

Asked on 11/25/02, 1:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Failure to server a Notice of Enrty

As a general rule, on default judgments you do not have to serve notice of entry. On a judgment from a motion, or to settle judgment on notice, you do have to file notice of entry.


Read more
Answered on 11/25/02, 8:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now