Legal Question in Insurance Law in New York

I was parked at a gas station pump, I went inside to pay for the gas, while inside the awning of the gas station fell on my car because of high winds and did $1300 worth of damage to my car, The owner signed a hand written peice of paper saying he would pay for the damage, damage was listed, I called with an estimate and he stated its too much to pay out of pocket, he wants to go through his 7-11 francise insurace. I provided the info to the manager to provide to his insurance. I went 1 day after the accident and tried to file a police report and they cant take it unless their called to the scene. They game me a form to fill out and self report it. I am in new york state it has been 2 days and they have not contacted me yet. thoughts? legal wise did I do the right thing?

Asked on 3/15/13, 9:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sue in Small Claims court.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/13, 11:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Insurance Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now