Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

I was in a car accident on 2/14/2010. The other driver side swiped me, it was 100% her fault. The insurance company is totaling out my car for $2790 or they will give me $1900 for repair, but I must get a salvage title for my car and after that it is basically worthless. The repairs are over this amount and I can not afford another vehicle with that $2790 for the vehicle. I have a 2001 Toyota Corolla with 186,000 miles. What can I do?

Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

Your losses, assuming no bodily injury, will be limited to the value of the property destroyed. You might contest the insurance company's figure by pointing to a Kelly or Blue Book listing for your car, and its condition before the accident. Or, you might go to a collision shop yourself and get a certified estimate for the costs of repair necessary to get your car back on the road. Best, M. E. Zuller

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York