New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/19/07, 12:31 pm

Real Estate Escrow

More than a year ago I sold my home and at the closing there was approx. $10k held in escrow to insure that I replace a cracked furnace. Less than 1 month later the furnace was replaced as per contract using $6K of my own money. The buyer has refused to release any of the escrow account citing problems that have nothing to due with the replacement of the furnace. My question is, Can I get out of escrow the personal money I have already spent and sue in small claims court for the rest? and how do I go about it?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search