Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in North Carolina

I would like to know if a creditor can take our Church property by taking out a lean on the property. we owe roto rooter $2500 for a water connection. they had agreed to finance the work until they realized we where a commercial property and not a residential property this was after the work had been complete

Lynn Coleman Attorney-Mediator

Yes, if the labormen and materials lien is properly filed, they can force a sale of the church building and real estate to get paid. As I stated before, it is in your best interest to work something out on this.

If they promised in writing to finance the work, you may have an enforceable claim against them to keep thier promise.

Please consult an attorney in your area for specific advice. The attorney can review your paperwork to see if you can enforce the promise to finance the work.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms