Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in North Carolina

Wrong Price On Car for Sale

My wife's grandmother recently sold one of their pickup trucks. The woman who purchased the truck and she agreed upon 3700 dollars. They went to the bank to complete the transaction and once my wife's grandmother left, she looked at the check and it was for 1700 dollars. I asked if she had put the price of the truck on the title and she said no. Does she have any recourse? The woman refuses to pay the extra 2000 dollars now.

Asked on 7/12/99, 9:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Susan Freiman The Legal Clinic
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Wrong Price On Car for Sale

She could sue in small claims court. Does she have any proof of the agreed price? A witness? A letter? Anything? If she can find a standard guide to the prices of used cars, that might help show that her claim is reasonable. Can she prove the truck was in good condition?

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/15/99, 2:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now