Legal Question in DUI Law in North Carolina

dwi Restoration hearing process

I have complied with allsteps to get a release. These offenses are more than 10 yrs ago. I now live in Maine, have a temp. d/l but need release from Nc. At this time they requested I attend a hearing in

raleigh and bring 3 witnesses. This is impossible. for several reasons as well as being unreasonable. I feel my case is not beng handled in such a way for me to accept. I have complted all necessary steps for Maine. I am 52 years old and no longer have any problems with drugs or alcohol. Ilive with my elder parents and need to help them.

David Marchese Marchese Injury Law, P.A.

Re: dwi Restoration hearing process

It appears from your information that you may never have resolved the drunk driving offenses in NC. If you did or did not, either way you will need to consult with an attorney from North Carolina to see what needs to be done there. Only after you satisfy NC, will you be able to get a license in Maine. If you misrepresent anything on your Maine license application, they will also deny your license. Maine may not be able to give you a full license until you satisfy NC's requirements for reinstatement. Good luck.

Re: dwi Restoration hearing process

Re: dwi Restoration hearing process

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in North Carolina