Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

is anyone other than the judge change an ex parte order?

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

To answer your question, I will need to make a few assumptions! I assume you meant, 'can' anyone other than the judge change an ex parte order. I am also assuming when you say 'the judge' you mean the judge that originally signed the order. Finally, I am assuming you mean legally change the order because most anyone even moderately skilled with a word processor, photocopier and forgery can change the order. If my assumptions are correct, the answer is yes, another judge can change an ex parte order but judges are extremely reluctant to mess around in another judge's order. Outside of a judge, there is no one else I am aware of who can legally change the order. However, most ex parte orders are temporary until a hearing on the matter can be held. So even if you can't get the Order changed, you should get an opportunity to heard on whether the order should remain in effect.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina