Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in North Carolina

Hi, I live in a multi-family dwelling in Durham nc. The tenant ajacent to my apartment has been without electric for three months now, not only has my electric bill increased in that time but I have recently been infested with bed bugs which look to me like they are comming from his home. I have told my landlord and I have exterminated. My question is even thou he made me sign an amendment to my lease the last time I renewed it that I was responsible for bed bugs can he hold me to it even thou they haven't let my exterminator in to expect the neighbors apartment? Three days after I informed them, the landlord sent an exterminator that said he didn't see anthing in his apartment. This is the same people that said I didn't either. Untill I showed them one I cought. Is there anything I can do to atleast regain half of the cost of this?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Bed Bugs are a growing problem in the Triangle and is a very difficult matter to resolve. You need to call a Landlord tenant attorney for assistance.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in North Carolina

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA