Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in North Carolina

where do i find an attorney?

fell through a porch a few years ago, and hurt my back. till this day i am still under a neourologists care. i had me an attorney for 3 years, we always kept in touch with each other, and i trusted him. i signed papers to file my case. just when the three year limit was up, i tried to get in touch with him, to no avail. finally when i did see him, he told me that he never filed my case. now i did not even have time to find an attorney .this really upset me. i do have a legal paper from attorney, that he personally signed, stating that he did file my case, and a reciept where i paid for the paperwork to be filed.a few attorneys state that i do have a case, but that i need to go outside of my area, to find an attorney to take the case. at times i just want to drop it, but when i am in bed for days with spasms, i feel that this is so unfair.

Re: where do i find an attorney?

Two suggestions: call the trial lawyers association of North Carolina. It is probably headquartered in the state capital. Or, the local bar association office in your county will give you the number if you call them. If you are in the Durham area, try calling Charles Bentley. I know of his work in medical malpractice. I do not know if he does legal malpractice. He may know someone to recommend to you. I hope this helps. This does not establish an attorney client relationship between us. Phil O'Shaughnessy

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

Line Number: 122

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in North Carolina