Legal Question in Social Security Law in North Carolina

disability

I am 58 yrs old , have had throat cancer, in 1985, have arthritus in both ankles, can not hardly talk or walk,S.S. has denied me since 1995, what can i do, who do i turn to.

Eleanor MacCorkle Eleanor MacCorkle, Attorney at Law

Re: disability

More than one half of all denials for Social Security benefits are overturn after a hearing. I do not know if you have ever been to a hearing with your claim, but I would advise you to contact an attorney and keep appealling your denials.

Carolyn Press Chung & Press. P.C.

Re: disability

You should not give up on your claim, but you will have a far better chance of a favorable decision if you are represented by a lawyer who is familiar with Social Security disability law. Most of the lawyers who have a substantial practice in the area of disability law are members of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, NOSSCR. I would suggest that you call their national office, at 1-800-431-2804, and ask them to refer you to a member attorney in your area. Do it quickly, and don't let the time run out for filing an appeal of your most recent denial.

More Social Security Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA