Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in North Carolina

Heir listed in will to part of estate

Once the courts have decided an estate is free to be divided to heirs and orders distribution, how do I force the executor to comply without a major legal battle? Is it a criminal offense not to comply with the court? Would it constitute any form of ''theft'' keeping what doesn't legally belong to the executor?

Asked on 1/22/07, 4:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Moberg Moberg & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Heir listed in will to part of estate

You have several options. One of which is to commence a proceeding to remove the executor (you must have evidence that his actions have detrimented the Estate),request an Accounting from the executor,etc. You may contact us at anytime to further discuss the specifics of your case.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/07, 6:38 pm
Jeff Rosner Rosner Law Firm P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Heir listed in will to part of estate

You should contact an attorney in the County where the will is being probated. Much more information is needed to be able to answer your query.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/07, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now