North Dakota  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/08/05, 2:10 pm

A sheriff is serving me papers

A sheriff is serving me papers from a collection agency to file a suit against me to collect what I owe from a credit card. I have no income and I am on welfare. I own no property. Do I have to accept the papers from the sheriff? Will I have to pay what I owe the company? How can they collect from me when I have no money or income and receive welfare benefits?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search