Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

Can a file a criminal law suit against a mortgage reduction company has taken my money but has not resolved my mortgage solution has has caused me now to be in default on my mortgage payments? How can I proceed in this matter? The company is based in California, I live in Ohio.

Martin Yavorcik Yavorcik Law Firm

Only the prosecuting attorney for the county you live in can actually file a criminal case. That is why criminal cases say "State of Ohio vs. the defendant" and not individuals. However, you can file a complaint with the police, prosecutors, etc and they might file a criminal case. You can file a complaint with the Ohio Attorney Generals Office, California's Attorney General's Office, or you can sue them for fraud through a private attorney.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio