Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

Emergency Visitation Hearing???

I have a seven month old son with my ex boyfriend. Out of the blue a month ago, he filed in court allocation of parental rights, visitation, etc... So I thought since he was interested now and since the baby and the father do not know each other, I offered for him to come to my house and visit with my son a couple of times a week. That has been sporadic on his part and now he is demanding to take him three days a week all day. I didnt agree to that, but I told him we could keep up these visits. He filed for an emergency hearing on visitation. My question is what should I expect? Is there a possibility that the court is just going to say start standard visitation. We have a pre trial in Janurary on the parental rights...I thought this was when everything would be decided. So I was just caught off guard. Thank you for your time in answering this question.

Gregg Manes Gregg A. Manes, Esq.

Re: Emergency Visitation Hearing???

I beleive that you have a misconception of the standard order of visitation. The standard order of visitation can be found on the following web site

http://www.drcourt.org/

Further the Court will do what is in the best interest of the child. Therefore, the court will probably give a supervised visitation at first. However, I can not be sure what the Court will do.

Good Luck

Gregg Manes

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio