Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

Verbal agreements

I was divorced in 1994 (dissolution) my ex husband asked my attorney to remove in the separation the part about him being responsible for the kids education as he would take care of it. As they were 'his children and he would provide for their education' Fool on my part. It is gone and he told the kids yes it was true but things change. So, now that my youngest is in college (1st year) he told her she could take care of her education. No help. Is the verbal agreement binding? I have people willing to submit affidavits that he originally planned to do this ?

Gregg Manes Gregg A. Manes, Esq.

Re: Verbal agreements

Unfortunately, the court will probably not force him to pay for the college education. the separation is the document to review in deciding thee father's obligation. The fact that you folks discussed it and specificaly left it out will really hurt your position.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio