Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

Verbal agreements

I was divorced in 1994 (dissolution) my ex husband asked my attorney to remove in the separation the part about him being responsible for the kids education as he would take care of it. As they were 'his children and he would provide for their education' Fool on my part. It is gone and he told the kids yes it was true but things change. So, now that my youngest is in college (1st year) he told her she could take care of her education. No help. Is the verbal agreement binding? I have people willing to submit affidavits that he originally planned to do this ?

Asked on 1/04/02, 10:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregg Manes Gregg A. Manes, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Verbal agreements

Unfortunately, the court will probably not force him to pay for the college education. the separation is the document to review in deciding thee father's obligation. The fact that you folks discussed it and specificaly left it out will really hurt your position.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/02, 2:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now