Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

A couple months ago my son knocked a neighbor kids bike over into a parked car.( Parked on a sidewalk near a playground) There was only paint transfer, no dents. My husband rubbed one mark off with his thumb. My husband told the guy to get an estimate for having it buffed out and to let us know. We didn't hear anything from him until a couple days ago. He shows up with an estimate for $1100.00. The estimate is for front and rear tail lights, front and rear bumper covers, new windows on left side, new power mirror, body molding, wheel well liner and even mud flaps. My husband told him there was no way he was paying for all that. We do have pictures of the damage my son actually caused. What do I do now?

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group

You can make a counteroffer, you can ask for a chance to obtain your own estimate, you could interview the estimate-provider, or you could do nothing but wait for him to sue, if he does.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms