Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

A couple months ago my son knocked a neighbor kids bike over into a parked car.( Parked on a sidewalk near a playground) There was only paint transfer, no dents. My husband rubbed one mark off with his thumb. My husband told the guy to get an estimate for having it buffed out and to let us know. We didn't hear anything from him until a couple days ago. He shows up with an estimate for $1100.00. The estimate is for front and rear tail lights, front and rear bumper covers, new windows on left side, new power mirror, body molding, wheel well liner and even mud flaps. My husband told him there was no way he was paying for all that. We do have pictures of the damage my son actually caused. What do I do now?

Asked on 7/08/13, 10:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can make a counteroffer, you can ask for a chance to obtain your own estimate, you could interview the estimate-provider, or you could do nothing but wait for him to sue, if he does.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 10:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now