Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

My husband and I went and put 800 dollars down on Nov 3rd at a buy here pay here lot. We have only had the car for 2 weeks and the car is broke down. We are supposed to be making 200 dollar payments until the car is payed off. The dealer is asking for 2995. I have had the car less than 2 weeks, this is unfair and I feel like I have been cheated... PLease help me!!!!!

Daniel Gurtner Aucoin & Younkin, LLC

If the vehicle you are purchasing is a used vehicle, you cannot institute a claim under the Ohio Lemon Law, but instead have to institute a claim under the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act which protects consumers with used cars who have repeated problems under an original or extended manufacturers warranty.

This response is based on the limited facts you have provided and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. I cannot provide adequate advice to you without meeting with you in person. If you would like to schedule a free consultation, please feel free to contact me.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms