Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

Ohio foreclosure case: (filing Pro se). Plaintiff filed motion to strike all of my Exhibits and court granted his motion in four days. I thought I had seven days to respond with a motion contra to the plaintiff’s motion. In not being afforded the legally allotted time to respond, were my Constitutional rights violated as provided under the fifth and fourteenth amendments granting me “Due Process”? If so, do I have recourse and what are my options? By the way, I did file my motion in June, within the allotted time, contra to the Plaintiff’s motion to strike my Exhibits but it has never ruled on.

Asked on 9/10/13, 9:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Michael Benson Benson Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your best option would be to retain a knowledgeable local lawyer to assist you. If you cannot afford one, contact the local bar association to see if they have a member who will provide services pro bono (for free) or call your local Legal Aid office. Trying to litigate through internet postings is a poor substitute for adequate representation.


Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 10:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now