Ohio  |  Civil Litigation

Small Claims Court

I and my husband signed a agreement for family Child Care that stated ''Term of Agreement'' This Agreement will continue until terminated, but can be terminated by either party for any reason by giving (2) weeks notice.

We took our 2 children out of this ladies's care (in home child-care) because I got into a disagreement with this lady and she demanded that I get out of her home and take my kids with me. She is stating in her Small Claims statement that I came in the house yelling at her and that it took her 7 times to get me out of her house. In the course of our agrument she pushed my two year old in anger and ordered me out her house and not to come back. When she tried to apolgize and offer to sit down and talk, I said no because she made no claim of every touching my two year old. My 8 year old daughter witnessed the entire scence alonger with her husband.

I want to know that since she ordered me out the house does that constitute her voiding the contract; I interrupted it as such. Please clarify. I don't think I should have her to pay, but based on the terms of the contract would we be held responsible based on Ohio Law.

Thank you for your time

614-537-2911