Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

My ex was evicted from my home first week in October. I sent an eviction notice and have also given him 3 opporutities to come and get his belongings and he never shows up. How much time do I have to give him or keep them?

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

Following the enforcement of a writ of execution, a landlord owes no duty towards the tenant's personal property, other than not to willfully damage the property.

If you haven't (a) served a three day notice, (b) filed an action for forcible entry and detainer, (c) received a judgment of restitution and (d) a writ of execution but rather attempt to remove the tenant's property without using court proceedings, and resort to "self help," you can expose yourself to liability for damages to tenant's property and attorneys fees if the tenant files a lawsuit against you.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio