Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

resort ownership

We own membership in a resort, for which we paid over $4,000. We have finished paying it off, but we now live in florida and do not use it anymore. we have to pay yearly maintaince fees evernthough we no longer live in ohio and do not use it. we were told we can try selling it by submitting names to them and they will help us sell it. we have done that but no one has offered to buy it, we were told. they (the resort) continues selling memberships, but not ours. we were told we have to pay the yearly maintance fees for life or pass on to our children, in other words they say there is nothing we can do other than to continue paying the fees for life, eventhough we no longer live in ohio and do not use it. is there anything we can do?

Randall Reder Randall O. Reder, P.A.

Timeshares in Florida

You can refuse to pay the maintenance fee and letthe resort foreclose on the property or you cangive it away. There is not much of a market forused timeshares. I own two. One I purchase newand one used. My wife and I have discussed gettinga third. Can you tell me where this one is andone category it is for exchange purposes?

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio