Legal Question in Traffic Law in Ohio

Cited for Failure to yield and went to court today

I was cited last week for failure to yield. The police officer told me a new law in Ohio said I had to appear in court. He told me all I had to do was plea guilty and pay a fine, no other court appearances. Well, I appeared in court and was asked by I think she was a bailiff what was my plea. I told her guilty, then she went on and on about pleaing guilty. Then she said I would have to appear at another court date if I plead guilty or not guilty. This really suprised and confused me. I didn't know what to plea. She pretty much convinced me to plea not guilty. She said I would have a chance to lower my citation and maybe my fine. Now I am really worried about giving this not guilty plea. I know I am guilty and I know they can prove me guilty. I don't know what to do, very worried.

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group

Re: Cited for Failure to yield and went to court today

Don't worry about it ! You just might get out of it if no witnesses show up. Call me directly if you want:

Joe Jacobs 216-952-1990 / 216-227-0900

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Ohio